Director of Transfer and Student Advising
Bay de Noc Community College is a student-focused, multi-campus institution serving the higher education needs of the south central Upper Peninsula of Michigan.The College is an AQIP institution committed to continuous quality improvement.Bay College takes pride in providing a quality education to transfer and occupational students at two campuses, online, and at other course delivery sites.
The director is a professional whose primary responsibilities are coordinating the transfer process for Bay College students and overseeing the development of transfer and articulation agreements with colleges and universities.This includes the review of all program guides, course equivalencies for transfer to all of the State universities and all colleges where Bay College has transfer agreements and all associated duties to ensure a smooth transfer for the student.The director also assists with students who are transferring into Bay by evaluating university, college, and military transcripts for equivalent courses and those students that are transferring after Bay to a four year institution.In addition, this position trains faculty and advisors in their role as academic advisors and manages the Advising Module in the student information system.This position also acts as a critical component of the advising process for all students.
- Master's degree in Higher Ed or related field
- Three year's minimum related experience, preferably at a community college or equivalent combination of education and experience in higher education.
- Considerable knowledge and ability to work with a wide range of students
- Comprehensive understanding of the transfer process
- Good organizational skills
- Considerable ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Considerable ability to establish good working relationships with students, administrators, faculty, and the community at large
- Experience in student advising
- Ability or knowledge in working with student information systems, preferably Jenzabar, specifically in the area of degree audit and advising systems.
- Experience developing articulation agreement and transfer guides.
- Experience with the curriculum process and general education requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to student success and completion at the college
- Review all program guides for transfer to all of the State universities and all colleges where Bay College has transfer agreements
- Coordinate the development and implementation of formal articulation agreements with two-year and four-year schools
- Provide regular training for all Bay College advisors in the area of academic and transfer advising
- Meet with the transfer admissions officers of the State universities to coordinate the process of reviewing transfer guides and the addition of new ones so that students have accurate information
- Work with transfer offices at universities and colleges on course equivalencies
- Collaborate with Bay College faculty on new courses, developing and updating current curriculum and transfer degree programs to ensure transferability to colleges and universities
- Work with faculty in development of 1+1 transfer to Bay College programs
- Advise students who want to or plan to transfer to universities to complete their bachelor's degrees
- Coordinate with college/university representatives to hold transfer student advising.
- Update and circulate the transfer brochure to Bay College students and the community
- Assist the general student population with class scheduling and curriculum requirements, as well as general college advising
- Assist with the College's student orientation program
- Assist with academic advising of students at both the Escanaba and West campuses
- Act as contact person for Bay College students who are experiencing problems with transfer
- Assist in the registration process
- Serve on the College's Curriculum Committee and General Education Committee
- Work with the Registrar to coordinate, edit, and produce the college catalog
- Perform credit evaluations for students transferring to Bay from other colleges
- Maintain Michigan Transfer Network (MTN)
- Maintain transfer information on myBay and College website
- Perform the duties and responsibilities of the Module Manager for the Jenzabar Advising Module
- Assists with the training and support of intake advising with Admissions
- Serve as a leader of the advising team
- Other duties as assigned
Works under the general supervision of the Executive Dean of Student Services.
Pay range: $52,958 - $66,197 annually
Bay College offers the following benefits:health, life, dental, vision, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance, Michigan Public School Employees Retirement Systems or TIAA/CREF, 403(b), YMCA membership, a Wellness Program, tuition reimbursement and professional development support.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be loud in areas of equipment operation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned into this classification.They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.Job related functions may be performed with or without accommodations.
Additional Application InstructionsBay College has an online application system where interested applicants can submit an employment application and upload a cover letter, resume, and a copy of their transcripts.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Director, Community College Leadership Graduate ProgramsMorgan State UniversityBaltimore, MD, United StatesMay 23
Provost - Medical Education CampusNorthern Virginia Community CollegeSpringfield, VA 22150-1913May 22
Instructor/Assistant Professor JournalismSuffolk County Community CollegeSelden, NY, United StatesMay 18
Coordinator- Mathematics Learning Center – Ammerman CampusSuffolk County Community CollegeSelden, NY, United StatesMay 18
INSTRUCTOR OF COMPUTER SCIENCECayuga Community CollegeAuburn, NY, United StatesMay 17
Provost/VP of Academic Affairs & Student ServicesMarion Technical CollegeMarion, OH, United StatesApr 17
Executive Vice President, Educational Services And Organizational PlanningJohnson County Community CollegeOverland Park, KS, United StatesMar 09
Congressional AdvocateAmerican Association of Community CollegesWashington, DC, United StatesFeb 23
Vice President - AcademicsWestern Technical CollegeLa Crosse, WIApr 26
Vice President of Student SupportVentura County Community College DistrictVentura, CA, United StatesMar 02