Executive Vice President, Educational Services And Organizational Planning
Tracking Code170466 Job Description
The EVP provides executive level leadership to the departments of: Academic Affairs, Student Success and Engagement, Continuing Education and Organizational Development, Institutional Effectiveness and Grants Leadership and Development. The EVP is responsible for creating vision and strategy for all areas of responsibility in alignment with the College’s Strategic Plan. The position provides direct support to the President and is responsible for college-wide decision-making in the President’s absence, works with the Board of Trustees through a board committee structure and leads special projects and initiatives as assigned. Responsibilities of the position include leadership and oversight of: fiscal management over all reporting areas, strategy development, institutional strategic planning, development of key community relationships, accreditation processes and executive-level decision making.
Desired traits include:
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for education and the community college mission and have existing knowledge of higher education accreditation processes. JCCC is seeking an individual who demonstrates student-centered leadership and who is passionate about enhancing learning opportunities and allocating resources to support all students to ensure their success.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with all constituents. He/she will have outstanding interpersonal skills and be able to listen, collaborate and inspire others to come together to achieve common goals. He/she will value the input of others and have an understanding of and genuine appreciation for shared governance. He/she will have the ability to clearly communicate goals, objectives and challenges for the organization in an open, forthright manner that builds trust with faculty and staff.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to provide effective guidance for organizational change. He/she will be a competent leader that understands decision-making in a complex organization and has the ability to coordinate, delegate and communicate both incremental and large-scale change effectively. He/she will demonstrate sound decision-making and a sense of humor and resiliency to cope with inevitable challenges presented through the change process.
- The successful candidate will be a participatory leader that empowers others to carry out their responsibilities through oversight and support without micromanaging their work. He/she will have the ability to coach, mentor and develop senior-level direct reports as well as others within the institution as appropriate.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to oversee a complex organization as well as the ability to guide organization-wide strategic planning and implementation utilizing metrics for accountability.
For more details, go to: www.jccc.edu/EVPSearchRequired Skills
- Earned doctorate from an accredited university required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Ability to travel locally and nationally required
10 years of senior-level management and supervisory experience in higher education required
Click here for a summary of our benefit information.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained.
For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Competitive rate of pay.
For full consideration apply before
Hours per Week
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review of applications will begin March 23. Please submit a cover letter, complete application, philosophy of education (single page), and vitae or resume with application.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Director, Community College Leadership Graduate ProgramsMorgan State UniversityBaltimore, MD, United StatesMay 23
Provost - Medical Education CampusNorthern Virginia Community CollegeSpringfield, VA 22150-1913May 22
Instructor/Assistant Professor JournalismSuffolk County Community CollegeSelden, NY, United StatesMay 18
Coordinator- Mathematics Learning Center – Ammerman CampusSuffolk County Community CollegeSelden, NY, United StatesMay 18
INSTRUCTOR OF COMPUTER SCIENCECayuga Community CollegeAuburn, NY, United StatesMay 17
Vice President - AcademicsWestern Technical CollegeLa Crosse, WIApr 26
Provost/VP of Academic Affairs & Student ServicesMarion Technical CollegeMarion, OH, United StatesApr 17
Congressional AdvocateAmerican Association of Community CollegesWashington, DC, United StatesFeb 23
Vice President of Finance & Administrative ServicesArapahoe Community CollegeLittleton, CO, United StatesApr 18
Vice President Business Services - CFOHocking CollegeNelsonville, OH, United StatesMay 12