Dean of Academic Affairs
Dean of Academic Affairs
Hennepin Technical College (HTC) invites applications for the position of Dean of Academic Affairs. This position provides the visionary academic leadership and direction for portions of academic affairs of Hennepin Technical College, including all the college sites in the area of curriculum general education, hiring, and training of new staff. Campus administrative coverage for day, evening, and weekends is a basic component with the ability to properly handle emergency situations and customer concerns. This person will work internally with the Provost/Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs, the deans, support staff, General Education faculty and department team leaders (department chairs). This person will have lead responsibility for articulation agreements with high schools and four-year institutions.
Hennepin Technical College is the largest stand-alone two-year technical college serving over 20,000 individuals in both credit and non-credit courses. HTC's mission is to provide excellence in career and technical education for employment and advancement in an ever-changing global environment. Campuses located in the suburban Minneapolis communities of Brooklyn Park and Eden Prairie provide students educational options in more than 50 career and technical programs.
- Master's degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three years of related experience in higher education.
- College level teaching experience (preferably two-year community, technical, or comprehensive colleges).
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the mission of technical colleges.
- Evidence of a strong and clear commitment to diversity among both students and staff.
- Demonstrated success in a supervisory or management role.
- Excellent presentation skills and interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in partnership development.
- Demonstrated success in promoting the values of shared governance and participative management.
- Experience in developing and administering budgets
- Experience with supervision of academic units or leading faculty.
- College level teaching experience, preferably at two-year schools.
- Experience working with higher education programs.
- Experience in supervision and administration, preferably in a higher education institution with collective bargaining units.
- Experience in program and/or higher learning institutional accreditation (HLC, AQIP/PEAQ).
- Experience in planning and participating in joint projects with business or educational organizations including K-12 districts, four-year universities and industry.
- Experience with distance learning and the use of technology in the classroom.
Please click http://agency.governmentjobs.com/hennepintech/default.cfm to view the posting and apply for the position. Visit our website at www.hennepintech.edu for additional information about Hennepin Technical College. Screening of applications will begin on April 24, 2017. Position will remain open until filled.
HTC is committed to diversity and encourages applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
HTC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and educator. A member of the Minnesota State Colleges &Universities System.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Director, Community College Leadership Graduate ProgramsMorgan State UniversityBaltimore, MD, United StatesMay 23
Provost - Medical Education CampusNorthern Virginia Community CollegeSpringfield, VA 22150-1913May 22
Instructor/Assistant Professor JournalismSuffolk County Community CollegeSelden, NY, United StatesMay 18
Coordinator- Mathematics Learning Center – Ammerman CampusSuffolk County Community CollegeSelden, NY, United StatesMay 18
INSTRUCTOR OF COMPUTER SCIENCECayuga Community CollegeAuburn, NY, United StatesMay 17
Provost/VP of Academic Affairs & Student ServicesMarion Technical CollegeMarion, OH, United StatesApr 17
Vice President - AcademicsWestern Technical CollegeLa Crosse, WIApr 26
Congressional AdvocateAmerican Association of Community CollegesWashington, DC, United StatesFeb 23
Executive Vice President, Educational Services And Organizational PlanningJohnson County Community CollegeOverland Park, KS, United StatesMar 09
Vice President of Academic AffairsVentura County Community College DistrictVentura, CA, United StatesMar 02