Provost/VP of Academic Affairs & Student Services
Demonstrate strong administrative leadership, relations, and academic support. Provide collaborative financial and strategic management that enables Marion Technical College (the “College”) to achieve its short- and long-term business goals, maintain strong academic and student services, and advance its mission. Provide leadership and direction for Academic Affairs and Student Services, including all academic and instructional matters, student services, community education, workforce development and other operations that address student learning.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES, FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to inquiries from students, College employees and customers while maintaining standards of confidentiality and privacy, in a timely manner. Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the College, FERPA, HIPAA, student records, and other protected documentation.
- Provide college-wide leadership in planning, implementing, and evaluating all academic and student services programs in collaboration with other administrators, faculty and staff members, and students. Model a commitment to the College’s mission, vision, and core values.
- Inspire and maintain the necessary teamwork and coordination to effectively deploy academic and student services personnel and financial resources to achieve the College’s mission and goals.
- Provide leadership for academic departments in the development, delivery, and evaluation of College curriculum and credit instruction to assure that the College’s academic programs are effective and student-centered. Use data-driven evidence and proven practices from internal and external stakeholders to solve problems and make decisions.
- Ensure, through the Dean of Students, the development and maintenance of articulation agreements with transfer institutions and program articulations with secondary schools, Adult Basic Literacy Education (ABLE), and adult career education programs. Collaborate with Workforce Development in development of non-credit courses as needed.
- Provide leadership and participate in the continuous improvement processes, including the College’s participation in accreditation through the Higher Learning Commission.
- Develop a plan to integrate the College Strategic Plan throughout the Academic and Student Services area and work with supervisors to disseminate that plan into departmental areas. Ensure successful implementation of departmental strategic and operational plans and goals. Evaluate the outcomes, as required.
- Ensure no injuries to self. or others by following safe work practices and policies including, but is not limited to: security and safety, understanding MSDS/OSHA, equipment, infection control, fire, disaster, safe lifting and body mechanics.
- Provide all personnel planning and accountability within academic and student services as well as operating in accordance with College policy.
- Maintain and supervise departmental area supervisors and monitor employee levels within the Academic and Student Services organizational areas. Coordinate efforts with the Office of Human Resources to recruit, supervise and evaluate employees within the department to:develop requirements and position descriptions; plan for succession; interview applicants for positions; recommend for hiring, promotion, or dismissal; and conduct and evaluate written performance appraisals completed on a timely, annual basis.
- Plan, prepare, and effectively administer the Academic and Student Services budget and oversee related departmental budgets. Direct planning, allocation, and use of fiscal resources within academic and student services departments. Apply for and secure grants and other sources of alternate funding.
- Assist department employees to develop a professional development and educational plan to fulfill College and professional goals and/or regulations. Encourage department supervisors to develop professional development opportunities for area employees.
- Create and pursue a plan to develop professional opportunities within the scope of work responsibilities and department and College objectives. Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in higher education. Demonstrate self-motivation and ability to research and continually update knowledge and skills, as well as provide input and accept additional and changing work responsibilities.
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with colleagues in other institutions, federal, state, and local officials who interact with the College. Actively participate in professional associations. Attend OACC, Ohio Department of Higher Education, and other meetings pertaining to academic or student services issues. Attend on- or off-campus College meetings and serve on departmental and College committees as assigned.
- Ensure all appropriate program and location approvals have been obtained, and are maintained, as required for state, federal, and programs specific accreditation.
- Act on behalf of the President and assume responsibility for the College in the absence of the President, as requested by the President.
Ph.D. degree in higher education administration, education, or related field required. Ten years of current work experience demonstrating considerable responsibility in higher education procedures. Five or more years of experience in a senior management level role, preferably in higher education. Exhibit excellent English, communication, and writing skills. Proficiency in Microsoft® Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) with strong computer and related technology skills required. Demonstrate the ability to work independently and complete projects with minimal direction and oversight. Any combination of work experience, training, and/or education equivalent may be accepted. Willingness to work an irregular schedule as assigned. Successfully pass a background check, prior to and after employment. Valid driver’s license or dependable transportation required.
This position is classified as Staff - Management, Professional, Administrative, and Support and will perform a wide range of professional and administrative support functions for the college, primarily in an office setting. Further information may be obtained from the Office of Human Resources.
Any other duties deemed appropriate may be assigned - The duties and responsibilities defined above are not an all-inclusive list, but a general summary of typical duties.Individuals in this position may be asked to perform a wide range of related tasks, within the scope of their education or certification, to ensure that the highest levels of educational services are provided. We all share responsibility of doing whatever is required to make Marion Technical College a great place to be - for an education and for a career.
Submit a cover letter, resume/vita, and three professional references for the position; a single PDF file with all required application materials is preferred in the “attach/upload resume section” of the application.
This position will be available July 1, 2017. Interviews for this position will tentatively begin the week of May 15, 2017.
Please submit unofficial transcripts for all post-secondary education degree(s) in the “attach other documents section” of the application.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open Until Filled
ANTICIPATED START DATE: August 1, 2017
Marion Technical College is an equal opportunity employer.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Director, Community College Leadership Graduate ProgramsMorgan State UniversityBaltimore, MD, United StatesMay 23
Provost - Medical Education CampusNorthern Virginia Community CollegeSpringfield, VA 22150-1913May 22
Instructor/Assistant Professor JournalismSuffolk County Community CollegeSelden, NY, United StatesMay 18
Coordinator- Mathematics Learning Center – Ammerman CampusSuffolk County Community CollegeSelden, NY, United StatesMay 18
INSTRUCTOR OF COMPUTER SCIENCECayuga Community CollegeAuburn, NY, United StatesMay 17
Vice President - AcademicsWestern Technical CollegeLa Crosse, WIApr 26
Executive Vice President, Educational Services And Organizational PlanningJohnson County Community CollegeOverland Park, KS, United StatesMar 09
Congressional AdvocateAmerican Association of Community CollegesWashington, DC, United StatesFeb 23
PROVOST AND VICE CHANCELLOR FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRSUniversity of Wisconsin CollegesMadison, Wisconsin, United StatesMar 15
Dean of Academic AffairsHennepin Technical CollegeBrooklyn Park, MN, United StatesMar 31