Vice President - Academics
Western Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn and are dedicated to serving students. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching and learning, please consider this employment opportunity at Western.
The Vice President - Academics provides academic leadership in the coordination, development and administration of academic strategic planning, curriculum processes and procedures, fiscal and facilities resource allocation, personnel, instructional technology, and academic policies and procedures. As a member of the Senior Leadership team promotes and maintains performance excellence in achieving the mission, vision and values of the College to meet the needs of all stakeholders served by Western.
1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect.
2. Provide leadership for the management, coordination, integration, and support of services, programs and other activities within the division of Academic Affairs.
3. Lead College efforts with regard to program, curriculum and course delivery including innovative ways to facilitate student achievement, success, and goal completion. Promote teaching excellence and development of student-centered; innovative and interdisciplinary curriculum.
4. Assure college adherence to accreditation standards and the consistent application of academic policies and procedures.
5. Address, listen, and respond to diverse groups including faculty, staff, students and external constituencies.
6. Promote academic integrity, high ethical standards, social and environmental responsibility.
7. Support the College strategic planning process, and oversee development and implementation of academic strategic planning.
8. Support diversity and inclusion in the College's student body, faculty, staff and operations.
9. Provide advisory recommendations to the President and Senior Leadership Team on all academic issues, and collaborate with personnel from all areas of the College in providing and improving academic services for students and employers.
10. Represent the College in various local, state, regional, and/or national forums.
11. Complete all required College training and are responsible for maintaining the skills necessary to complete the essential functions of the position as defined by the department.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Requirements:
Special Instructions/About Western:
This position reports to: President
Additional Application InstructionsFor complete details and to apply online, go to https://www.westerntc.edu/employment/
Sign up for Job Alerts
Director, Community College Leadership Graduate ProgramsMorgan State UniversityBaltimore, MD, United StatesMay 23
Provost - Medical Education CampusNorthern Virginia Community CollegeSpringfield, VA 22150-1913May 22
Instructor/Assistant Professor JournalismSuffolk County Community CollegeSelden, NY, United StatesMay 18
Coordinator- Mathematics Learning Center – Ammerman CampusSuffolk County Community CollegeSelden, NY, United StatesMay 18
INSTRUCTOR OF COMPUTER SCIENCECayuga Community CollegeAuburn, NY, United StatesMay 17
Executive Vice President, Educational Services And Organizational PlanningJohnson County Community CollegeOverland Park, KS, United StatesMar 09
Provost/VP of Academic Affairs & Student ServicesMarion Technical CollegeMarion, OH, United StatesApr 17
Vice President for Academic AffairsWor-Wic Community CollegeSalisbury, MD 21804Mar 24
Vice President of Academic AffairsVentura County Community College DistrictVentura, CA, United StatesMar 02
Vice President for Academic AffairsSuffolk County Community CollegeSelden, NY, United StatesMay 01