Professional Assistant I (12-month)
Announcement is hereby made for a temporary 12-month PA1 position that is grant-funded. Suffolk County Community College is an open admissions institution committed to serving a diverse student population in a variety of degree and career programs.
This is a Unit III position covered under the Faculty Association of Suffolk County Community College collective bargaining agreement with the College. This position is funded by a federal grant. In a grant-funded position, the successful candidate will be employed for periods concurrent with the grant award; however such employment may be terminated at any time. This is a grant-funded position with the possibility of yearly extensions through June 30, 2020. Please see the Faculty Association of Suffolk County Community College collective bargaining agreement for complete details with regard to grant-funded positions.
The Professional Assistant I (12-month) will report to a lead faculty member for the TechHire grant and will perform various tasks that support grant objectives. Job duties will primarily encompass recruitment of participants, partner engagement, and the delivery of training. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the design and coordinate development and implementation of curricula and workplace readiness skills training;
- Assist faculty leads with the implementation of instruction and function as a central resource person to the faculty leads and the Principal Investigator;
- Procure training equipment, software, certification exams, supplies and materials in compliance within financial allocations and federal guidelines;
- Collaborate with project staff in promoting all services and programs offered through the grant program;
- Recruit participants through participation at job fairs, Open House events and local department of Labor events.
- Establish contact with and provide outreach to prospective students; respond to questions from current and potential students;
- Oversee participant intake, assessment and placement in an appropriate training track;
- Coordinate with career coaches to deliver support services, internships and employment opportunities;
- Maintain training participant records, including case management portfolios;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with grant partners from the local workforce investment system, governmental agencies, industry and academia;
- Assist in the coordination of industry input and engagement with training curricula and participants;
- Assist in the development and administration of participant surveys; assist with programmatic assessment efforts;
- Coordinate with the external evaluator to collect data and disseminate results and grant outcomes; and
- Other duties as assigned by the faculty lead or the Principal Investigator.
Qualified individuals must have three (3) years prior experience in project management and excellent organization and communication skills. A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in education, administration or counseling is preferred. Applicants must be proficient in the Microsoft suite of office products; knowledge of the Banner enterprise resource system and the NYS OSOS case management software is preferred. Knowledge of electronic medical records is preferred.
Click on the following link:
Select position #17-33 and read the description.
Click Apply Online to submit resume and cover letter.
The New York State Retirement and Social Security Law requires retirees of a public pension plan within the State or City of New York to disclose prior public employment and pension plan history for the purpose of establishing a retiree’s eligibility for employment.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Director, Community College Leadership Graduate ProgramsMorgan State UniversityBaltimore, MD, United StatesMay 23
Provost - Medical Education CampusNorthern Virginia Community CollegeSpringfield, VA 22150-1913May 22
Instructor/Assistant Professor JournalismSuffolk County Community CollegeSelden, NY, United StatesMay 18
Coordinator- Mathematics Learning Center – Ammerman CampusSuffolk County Community CollegeSelden, NY, United StatesMay 18
INSTRUCTOR OF COMPUTER SCIENCECayuga Community CollegeAuburn, NY, United StatesMay 17
Provost/VP of Academic Affairs & Student ServicesMarion Technical CollegeMarion, OH, United StatesApr 17
Vice President - AcademicsWestern Technical CollegeLa Crosse, WIApr 26
Executive Vice President, Educational Services And Organizational PlanningJohnson County Community CollegeOverland Park, KS, United StatesMar 09
12 Month Part-Time Student Success AdvocateCayuga Community CollegeAuburn, NY, United StatesMay 11
Coordinator of Professional Development (Training Specialist)Prince George's Community CollegeLargo, MD, United StatesMay 11